View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 AM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Plus! - HTC Alternative Home Plugin

I ran across this over at XDA. I personally prefer the HTC Home Plug, but some may like this so I am posting it here. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks interesting. There may be some potential issues with this so do a backup first just in case and pay attention to the warnings of the author.

XDA Forum Link - Must be registered to download
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=326689

Quote from Author
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxist View Post
This application adds a nice clock and messages interface to the today menu, as well as adding an application launcher with included high quality icons for the applications.

As found, this application was non-functional. HTCImgCodec.dll has been added (exists in some ROMs already) and registry settings have been changed to disable the Backlight Adjust function. For some reason when this function is enabled the device hangs during boot and a hard reset is required to fix. You have been warned. DO NOT ENABLE BACKLIGHT ADJUST.

This plugin is easily customisable. The layout is stored entirely as bmp images under \Windows\HTCPlus. And all the programs chosen can be modified under HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCPlus\Shortcuts.

Last edited by stroths; 09-02-2007 at 09:17 AM.