View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yet another way to lock the phone??

Last night I was running a copy of Pocket Shield that had already been activated. I experienced the bug last night, and did not upgrade until this morning in response to this issue. My activation parameters (email and code) were properly preserved during the upgrade, as they were already in my phone last night when the bug appeared.

As a digital content author I understand the concern about copy protection. There's nothing wrong with implementing copy protection to ensure that the author is paid for their hard work, but I believe when you take that step you should pay extra attention to ensuring that the user experience reflects a level of trust.

I still think Pocket Shield is the best option out there for the TP, but it's still unnerving to receive a "pay now" message when one has already paid. Again, this was not after an upgrade or reinstall - just out of the blue.

The author responded to my support request this morning with the latest version, helpful so far. I very much appreciate that.

Last edited by haus; 03-31-2009 at 12:43 PM.