View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak008 View Post
Sorry i'm new at this, but what does it mean to flash to shipped????

could you provide instructions and or the link that will have a step by step instructions.

All i know how to do is flash the ROM with the Rom updater and then transfer the cab over to the phone and install...

please HELP... thanks

ANyone know where i can get might ROM 4.7?????

If i can't get it to work i will switch back....
Flashing to shipped means you should flash the original shipped rom of your carrier. They are listed here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

step by step is

1. Flash the shipped rom of your carrier, this will reset the rom and radio.
2. Flash Mighty 4.8
3. hard reset one more time after 4.8 is loaded up.

Flashing the shipped rom will take your phone back to factory settings but it will not touch your internal storage. So if you have things saved on your device, make sure to move them to your internal storage. The reason to do this is if you are having problems post flash with a custom rom like (random hard resets, tf not working or displaying properly, data not working, etc. It's not required to do this, but is recommended if you are having problems that are not going away.