View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: contacts stored as a file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Hello,
Today I got tired of random freezes so I changed to a custom rom from the telus one. Very happy with it so far but I didn't backup and lost my contacts.

I did however copy every file that you can copy when you view the device in windows. Are the contacts/text messages stored as a file anywhere on the phone?

And sorry if this is in the forum somewhere. I tried searching but came up empty.
The contacts/calendar/call longs/sms are all stored in a file called PIM.vol which is on the root of the device "\"

If you have that file, flash back to whatever ROM you were using, then copy that file and replace it, soft-reset, then run a program like PPC PIM-backup from dotfred.net