Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Jeff Kirvin
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c View Post
I hope that no more rom or kitchen hijacker, creating kitchen or rom (especialy a ported one) is a hard and very time consuming and need a lot of study, trial, weeks or even months of study, you hijacker just mod a bit and put your names on it without even mention the real artist? thats cruel and I'm sick with it, its happens to me not only here at ppcgeeks, please post a revision idea or patch or even better join the kitchen staff, for all user benefit ,or mod what ever you like, but please put the credit where it belong, or make your own! or even better I will make 'mod' from your artwork and claim its mine. So I can stop messin around with Apache Stuff, and you do the hell job...So I can retire publish any rom/kitchen for apache, thanks!.
For the record, it was never my intention to "hijack" anything. It was never about credit, it was about branding and expectations. Putting my name on the variant kitchen I posted (and I took down, it was not removed by PPCgeeks) was only intended to convey the ease of use and simplicity people had come to associate with my ROMs. I honestly had no idea would be interpreted otherwise, had no idea of the troubles you'd had on XDAdevs, and meant no offense.

Thanks for your efforts, Helmi. I never expected to see WM6 on an Apache, and I'm damn impressed.