View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
marcjen
Regular 'Geeker

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Someone else asked earlier, and i wanted to confirm / ask as well. Is anyone having email sync issues with activesync? I flashed a custom rom to 4.6, but am still using the standard manila because i like the sprint theme.

The new icons make it all worth it. Problem is, i'm not getting any automatic sync / update of new emails coming in. If i manually sync, they show up, but if i don't, i'd never know they were there.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Thanks
I used 4.6 a few weeks ago and thought it worked great. I use Direct Push and would receive messages right away. Does it make you enter your phones SMS address after syncing the first time? just wondering if your Exchange server is using the AUTD feature or the actual DirectPush.

AUTD sends a text to the phone, DirectPush essentially the phone is connected via HTTP to the server and polls the mailbox for changes.

I've seen AUTD text's misconfigured or the ISP actually block those or the phone never receives them. So not sure where your problem lies. You could flash back to stock and see if you're still having trouble.

All that said, Activesync with Exchange has worked for me in just about every ROM I've burned. I use Mighty's, Calcu's, Juicy's, IndaGroove's, RSTG's never had a problem with any. (Ok, IndaGroove's WM6.5 I did, but it's a known issue.)