Regular 'Geeker

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
To be completely honest, I think that Verizon changed their rental agreements for their towers. ....

I think it is worse from Day one of this merger, and have five new dead zones on the way home that were not there for the past seven years prior to this merger. I would love to think that service would get better when this happened but I am inclined to believe that they have found a way to get "comparable coverage" for a cheaper price. Where is the nerdy guy with the mob of Verizon techs now.... I think they changed to Sprint.
I discovered some months back that aGPS actually transmits tiny data packets over the cell network, not the EVDO data network. I also read something the other night about Verizon integrating Alltel subscribers into the Verizon system with the result the EVDO becomes overloaded and slows down and it presumably slows down data over the cell network as well. Hopefully just a temporary bump in the road.

Everthing is still working good for me but not quite as good as it was a couple weeks ago. I still get quick locks with GPS but VisualGPS shows satellites changing wildly for the first couple minutes... from 9 to 2 to 5 to 10 to 2, etc. .... EV also drops to 1X all too often.

Last edited by denasqu; 03-25-2009 at 02:49 PM.