View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sadly, no, you have to run the setup.dll on first boot so that it can do it's magic (usually install certificates, sometimes other stuff too). A lot of that stuff is in the DRM section of the registry so a simple cut/paste doesn't work. AnimatedToday is a good example of that - it's magic registry settings change with every install (I'm still puzzled as to where the hell the values are coming from and what their purpose is) and it won't run at all without their magicalness.

The provxml files won't work to do the delete because the provxml files run before /windows/startup gets processed. I'm toying with the idea of moving all the shortcut stuff into the registry - that way you could chain a bunch of them together and force flow control upon the install process. Plus, it reduces the process to just one shortcut instead of a shortcut for each OEM - and that can delete itself. Maybe in v2.

Hmmm - maybe invoking from provxml? Didn't think of that, but it might add additional complications for some programs because the world isn't really fully built while all the provxml stuff is occuring. I dont' know. Anyone know how to execute a file from provxml?

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-30-2007 at 03:13 PM.