PPCGeeks Regular

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingcrosby View Post
4-Change the Bluetooth channel from the default:

HKLM\Softare\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device

From there open the subfolders and find those labeled channel. The DWORD key value is the channel number. Change the number to something other than the default.

[i've only tested up to channel 7 because I'm not sure how many channels there are. This definitely improved issues with interference and intermittent drops. You'll have to experiment to see what works best with your gear and environment.]
From the Bluetooth Wiki: "The protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.4-2.4835 GHz. To avoid interfering with other protocols that use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) and reach 2.1 Mbit/s. Technically, version 2.0 devices have a higher power consumption, but the three times faster rate reduces the transmission times, effectively reducing power consumption to half that of 1.x devices (assuming equal traffic load)."

In that context, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of a parameter that sets the channel. It sounds like it wouldn't have much meaning (since the protocol would change it automatically, and rather often).