Table83
PPCGeeks Regular

Table83 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul for Touch Pro TEP HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
I know what insurance fraud is... but you can't assume that what the OP is doing, is fraudulent, as nobody knows but the OP. If the companies were so concerned about fraud, then why is the TEP available? It leaves wide-open lanes for fraud, because it protects against theft, loss, accidental damage, etc. So basically, I can throw my phone on the pavement, and as long as I pay $7/month for have TEP, I can get it replaced for $50 (soon to be $100). And if I have a phone that is legitimately defective, such as the white spot, or other minor defects, I can get it exchanged for free with ERP. How is using their own program to your advantage, fraud?
You are definatly right about that I shouldn't assume what someone is doing is fraudulent, but to ignore the issue would be worse. I think we're missing what TEP is. TEP is there for accidents, and malfunctions that are very common on these type of phones. I don't have any problem with working the system and waiting for the next phone to be offered, but we're not talking about waiting here. Being at a party and you jump in to the pool with your phone in your pocket is a legit TEP claim. Throwing your phone on the ground is unethical.