View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

20035 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Lock Solution App LockMeLite

When app is running in background and incoming call/sms/email is received the screen and hardware buttons are locked. The power button is the only button that remains unlocked. The purpose of this app as stated by the creator is to prevent accidental answer or rejection of calls. It also avoids inadvertent button presses if device "wakes up in your pocket etc. as screen is locked. A simple swipe from top to bottom unlocks the screen.

According to the thread v 1.3 to be released on March 25th and here is a description of feature to be added.
"So let me explain how the "auto unlock" feature works.
Really simple to be honest. (that was the user request )
LmL is running and an incoming call arrived.
The screen unlocks and the incoming call form is displayed.
The hardware buttons are locked.
If you use the slide button to answer the incoming call the LmL unlocks the hardware buttons.
If you don't accept the call, when the line hangs up after a couple of seconds the screen goes off again and the LmL locks the screen and keep the hardware buttons locked."

He says there will be an editor to allow this option to be on off.

In my opinion it does its job very well with no noticed battery drain as the goal of the app is to be light as possible. Works for me.

To answer shaggy: off.. hardware button locked...ringing buttons and screen locked until you swipe from top to bottom. After swiping phone functions normally all functions restored. once power button is pressed lock turns on again until power button pressed and swipe from top to bottom.

Last edited by 20035; 03-24-2009 at 09:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.