View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
AB33
Regular 'Geeker

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March --, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.-- [20771]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
Each person will tell you their own stories about back up software.

Personally I am not a fan of any kind of back ups. I just use active sync for contacts and that's it. If you MUST use back up software I recommend using it just for the contacts, messages, logs, etc. Not for the actual programs/settings because things change a great deal from rom to rom and you might end up with problems.
SPB BackUp 2.0 works great for me and it has a ROM Upgrade Mode. You also get the option to save and/or restore:
-PIM
-EMAIL
-Texts
-My Documents
-System

After a new Flash, I normally restore all but the system, just in case there were registry upgrades and apps in the new ROM, then just reload my 25 cabs. If I go back to an older ROM, I just reload everything since all the registries are the same.