Lurker

BrammerTheHammer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: vista 64 drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratolifter View Post
ok see if this works

unzip to a folder of your choice on your pc, disable active sync or whatever vista calls it by unchecking usb connections box(sorry that's for xp activesync) // with vista when you "start" wireless modem on the phone then connect the cable to the pc the pc will try to install drivers, tell it you want to select the location and browse to the folder with the unzipped drivers.

with vista if you don't have wireless modem started on you phone when you connect the cable to the pc the vista mobile device program starts. if you have wireless modem started it looks like a different device to vista and looks for different drivers. it works just a little different than xp

once they install you will have a dial up connection to select when you go "start connection" with the #777 pre loaded.

once again this worked for me with standard apache wireless modem installed and vista 64. i have not done any wm6 flashes yet and i am not sure if the wireless modem program is the same and will work the same.

I am researching this to see if it will work on my wifes Touch. I would really like to be able to have her able to tether also with no charges.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1200042857

I just tried this driver in the 64-bit Windows 7 beta build 7000 and it works perfectly for the USB connection and seems to work for the Bluetooth connection. I think I have a problem with my phone's Bluetooth turning off, which is unrelated to this driver, but it did connect and stay connected long enough for me to verify that it works.

So I am very pleased with it. Why haven't more people thanked you for posting this? Maybe you should post this in its own thread.

Thanks,
BTH

Last edited by BrammerTheHammer; 03-22-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: additional information and formating