View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Tplane37
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Again, Thanks ! Glad to see 21193 working on the Titan, so far, so good but....

1. Control Panel does not work Start>Settings> Show, will just flash for a split second and go back to the homepage (same with programs) Edit: if I go into today and uncheck "Windows Default" and select Titanium, It's back the way it was in the old builds
2. The dialer is nice and I support our troups but, it's hard to read, is there a default dialer that came with WM 6.5 that is new ?
3.The home page will only show pictures from the device, did anyone figure out how to show pictures from a flash card on there ?
4. The camera does not work (nothing installed ?)

This is just after playing with it for a few, I'll edit this post as I play with it a little more...

Over all, from 21159/69, I'm not sure if I like the new start menu, I was staring to get used to using my finger for everything, now I'm back to having to use the pen again.....

IE is nicer than past versions but, still kind of slow.

System is a little slugish on mine, I will click on things and it sometimes will take 10 or so seconds for something to happen...
1. Just select the "Windows Default" for your Today screen, and leave everything else unchecked. As to the Start Menu, if you tap the flag, you get an old style drop down menu (this is an add-on from FredSoft, not designed for WM6.5, but some things in it are rather nice), if you tap the Start Menu text, you get the 6.5 honeycomb.

2. For the stock dialer (which I have honestly yet to see), I'd have to recook. I have the Vouge dialer in because I am able to customize it. If you post a background image I would be willing to make a different dialer if you like.

3. I haven't figured out how to show pictures from the card yet, but once everything else is smoothed out, I plan on looking into it.

4. Yeah, I'll have to fix that, thanks for pointing it out. I didn't even realize that one! I'll fix that tonight.

The speed issue gets better after a few Soft Resets. Like I said, I have no idea why this is, it just..is. And my phone and my buddy's 6800 both took a different number of resets before the speed was there. I will fix the camera issue and post another link later tonight.

I will also post one without the Start Menu add-on (Like I said, it was not built for WM6.5 but I liked it and so have others). In the build with just the stock Start Menu, I will leave out the Vouge dialer. I am not sure what will happen though, because I do not recall seeing any files for a dialer in the Chinese SYS. When I post this alternative build, it will be after testing it on my phone to make sure a dialer is even there. Otherwise, I will put the dialer in that was used in 21159 (anyone know which dialer that actually was?).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get back on these changes after getting my son to bed.