Thread: Custom Taskbar
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:17 AM
eenieMINI
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Sounds like a plan I am sure we can figure this out together and get you a custom taskbar running. Let me know how it goes and if you require any help.
Ok... so since I was already running a custom start icon (one of marygladys' setups) without the issue I started there. I then put in all the bmp related files (no dlls)... soft reset. All was good. I started with the phcanoverbmp.dll did the sdcerts first and soft reset after... the speaker icon came and went... the settings window icons were gone... so I thought OK that was the bad file... I soft reset again and install the nuepowerdriver thing.... softreset... and still nothing.. most of my settings icons were gone... so i thought.. now what.. how to remove easily.. so I decided to install the cab for the taskbar so I could "uninstall" it directly after and get back to "go".... but lo-and behold.. the settings icons came back.. so right now as of this moment I'm running taskbar5 and all is well.. now the test will be how long it stays that way. I run cleartemp at startup, I soft reset my phone daily (swap batteries each AM), and have most if not all of my temp and messaging type files stored on my internalstorage card so the main memory stays as clear as possible with a stock rom... I have about 24mb storage memory free and 126mb of program memory free... and 3gb of my 4gb internal storage free..so plenty of room for the phone to run and be good to me...

I'll report back if after a few days I lose my icons again. If so I'll try the hard reset and run taskbar first up.