View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM
emyllsomar
Lurker

emyllsomar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: [3-19-09] grooveROM 4 WM 6.1 & 6.5 versions [Rhodium Manila, HD Manila & Manila f

First of all let me thank you for the work you do to make these ROM updates available to us. I started trying ROM's on my phone with very little improvement until I found your grooveROM 3, now I accidentally found 4 and I am more than impressed.

I have one question (maybe a bunch of them) though and at the risk of sounding like a "n00b" I will ask. First let me explain a little of what is going on:

While I loved the HD Manila version of your grooveROM 3, I was having issues because I didn't really need Manila and my Wisbar customizations always fight with manila over the Today screen for about 30 secs to a minute before Wisbar Desktop finally sits stable and manila closes. I couldn't think of a solution until I found that there was a version without Manila in it. It worked great allowing wisbar to start immediately, but created a bigger problem: my phone started not connecting to Activesync unless the advanced USB checkbox wasn't selected (the one under USB to PC settings dialog). As you might imagine, this is a bigger problem than just waiting while wisbar and touchflo3d fight over the today screen.

I decided to stick with the Manila version of grooveROM 3 until now I see version 4; guess what happened? Yes, you guessed it right, it worked fine with the Manila version of the ROM and with the no Manila I can't connect unless I change the USB to PC settings.

SO my question is: Has anybody found a fix for this, and if so is it really related to the version of grooveROM I installed...?

I have searched everywhere and all I find is a suggestion to uncheck the advance USB setting, though it is not needed when a full Manila version of grooveROM is installed.

Again, great work with these ROMs and awesome job with the new keypad and keyborad.

P.S. n00b question: Is there a way to change the grooveROM 4 image at the startup? I am a graphic designer and I don't mind having the grooveROM logo on it but I would like to have a custom background and eliminate the number from it, if this is possible please let me know how .

Last edited by emyllsomar; 03-20-2009 at 09:15 PM.