View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
jaminmc
PPCGeeks Regular

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Here is Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79. This Version ported from Sprint's Treo PRO. Works on the Diamond and Touch Pro. This version does threaded Picturemails too!!!! It has all the server settings that the sprint servers expect. The servers will think your phone is a Treo, but that makes no diff I also added the nice icons from gadgetfreak (Here is the Thread)*

Special thanks to MrHawaii For the files, and Reg entries This wouldn't of happened without his help

This will work on the Stock Rom too. It might work with ROMs that have Picturemail cooked in them.

Here are the Steps:

1. If you Have a version of Arcsoft MMS installed, Uninstall it. Also, Go to Settings, System, Text Messaging. Then make sure "Text message layout" is set to Threaded.

2. Run the Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab to remove Sprints PictureMail or Remove Arcsoft registry entries. This is not Req on a clean ROM. It is REQ for a stock ROM. You might want to Soft Reset after this. I would like thank KillerQ. He inspired me to make the code that uninstalls Sprint Picturemail.
Note: If you have to run this again, it will try to uninstall this, and fail, then install it again. That is normal and don't worry about it

3. Install Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab and Soft Reset. Then you should be done...
Note: On forst soft reset, your phone might be unresponcive for 10-20 seconds. That is normal, and it will boot up fine after that

The default is 512k sending limit, and 10 meg d/l limit. I removed the limit for editing the server setting. Now you can edit the sprint server, and change the limit there in the app without having to do any regedits. You can select 512k (For compatibility with other carriers), 1 meg, and 5 meg.

* If you don't like the Fancy Notification icons, you can install this Arcsoft Generic Icons-new.cab, and it will make them generic, like the stock ROM.

Update 1 - Replaced the generic Notification icons... They arent VGA, so it isn't as pretty, but it will allow you to recieve pics since there were complants that the other one broke it. this is the file that came with this version of arcsoft.

Update 2 - After installing on my friends stock diamond, I found out that Text Messages need to be in threaded mode to install Arcsoft.

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 143 times.