View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
rainabba
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sucess!!! Sort of anyway.

I've managed to build a ROM now, in PPCKitchen, without any errors, without having to remove anything from the SYS or XIP. It still doesn't boot though.

Here's what I've done (for other newbs like me to learn from, and for you pros to examine to help determine where I've slipped):
  1. Downloaded ConFlipper's 21193 XIP and SYS
  2. RARed up SYS_21193_Common and SYS_21193_96DPI_0409 and placed those archives in the Kitchens folder (all folder references are under PPCKitchen.org\BuildOS\
  3. Added Vouge_21193_XIP.bin to Vogue_Core.rar in Kitchens folder
  4. Using a copy of Projects\Groups\BuildBases\WM6.1_96DPI_QVGA_20931. txt, I created WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_21193.txt and edited it to reflect the new BuildID (WM6.5_21193) and the two new ModuleDir entries (those from step 2 above).
  5. Using a copy of Projects\Groups\DeviceBases\Vogue_WM6.1.txt, I created Vogue_WM6.5.txt and cleared all XipFilename entries and added a new one for Vogue_21193_XIP.bin that references BuildID WM6.5_21193. I also changed StockBuild to 21193.
  6. Using a copy of a previous 20931 project file, I created a new project file referencing my new BaseGroup (step 4 above) and my new DeviceGroup (step 5 above).
  7. I located G'Reloc (2).exe in Tools folder and renamed it to G'Reloc (2).exe.orig then copied an instance of WMReloc.exe (version 1.04) to Tools\G'Reloc (2).exe
  8. I opened PPCK BuildOS, selected my new project, cleared all my optional OEMs (everything I saw), built the ROM, flashed it, then realized it wasn't going to boot.
The only issue I can imagine is that I used Vogue_Core (and it's boot.rgu), but I've not seen a replacement floating around and ConFlipper DID say to use one from .VM that worked previously (at least that's how I took it).

So where have I gone wrong?

Find all my new files attached (For all the other newbs out there, you shouldn't even need to look in these. Just knowing WHICH files I mentioned above, should give you the info you need to use ConFlips SYS/XIP in PPCKitchen).

Last edited by rainabba; 03-20-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Added BuildLog.rar
This post has been thanked 3 times.