View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
joshkeller77
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus61 View Post
Mine smoked and won't work since last weekend. Using the program "GPS Viewer" I can see the communication strings from the GPS to the application and it seems that the strings sent by the gps chips that I used to see were filled with data are now just strings of commas. Does this mean that the GPS has somehow been deactivated? Too much coincidence for this to be just the posters phones all going down at the same time. This is either the GPS signal being changed, which I highly doubt or Verizon having distirubuted some firmware update that zanked everyones GPS.
Or that they have a new firewall that is able to differentiate between the legitamate VZnav requests to the IP server from other non-signed sources such as us. This would explain why Dare and other phones are working fine while we are down.

Could be true or not, but who is to say other than the techhies who work on the server, or some head honcho at VZW.

LOL, Does anyone have a XV6800 with legitamate MR1/MR2 running VZnav with no cracks or hacks? I forget if that is even possible, haha.