View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
MojoRisen
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to configure HTC Touch Pro to receive company e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
The above quote is incorrect-or at least not applicable to theproblem at hand. Actually, this how Small Business Sever tells you how to set up your exchange server. Local access is through exchange.mycompany.com, remote access is done through mail.mycompany.com. Aso, the certificate automatically installs if you set up outlook from a local IP address. If you are trying to access remotely, then you need to install the certificate on the remote client. Now, domain enrollment may handle the certificate for you, but at least with our exchange server, I had to install the certificate manually. One way to do this is to got to the outlook web access page,, view the certificate, and export it to a file. Then you hould be able to install it on your phone.
I was speaking from personal experience. I have 0 idea how his network is set up. On average, I set up about 10 phones (fresh out of the box) a week to sync with our exchange server. I have never once had to install a certificate on any phone/remote client.
This post has been thanked 1 times.