View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
alan7467
PPCGeeks Regular

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

So I decided to try a WM6.5 ROM (groove's) while waiting for Mike's new hotness. Didn't care for WM6.5 at all (no fault of the chef IMHO), so I jumped back to Mighty 4.6, which I was running before.

Funny thing is, now my battery life is terrible. I usually don't expect the best battery life after flashing a ROM, but it's been a couple days so I started to get suspicious. So I started checking things out with Battery Monitor. While running 4.6 previously I'd idle at about 75mA. Now the lowest I idle at is 129mA. I haven't changed a thing since coming back to Mighty. Before making the switch back, I flashed to shipped. Then after flashing Mighty I hard reset as usual. I did however, use SPB backup to restore all my settings and programs (from my previous run of Mighty 4.6). Perhaps that screwed something up.

Anyway. This certainly isn't a knock against Mightyrom. Obviously I screwed something up here. I'm going to try to hardreset again and see how my power drain is. If that doesn't fix it I'll have no choice but to conclude that WM6.5 gave my phone AIDS.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...