jrimmer
PPCGeeks Regular

jrimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bell Mobility HTC Touch Diamond question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrboy View Post
I have to say how wicked this site is and all the information it has on these phones. I am requesting some input on which ROM to flash my phone with. I have a bell mobility HTC Touch Diamond phone and I have already unlocked it, just looking for input on which ROM would work well with Bell and the phone.
I wasn't going to change the phone, until I read that these phones allow you to hear the radio, but bell mobility decided to block it, so that you have to pay a $10 mothly subscription to hear online radio and tv. That ticked me off that they would do this, which I understand is very common with some phone companies.
So which ROM should I look into that would all me to use Bell Mobility, while giving me more features that they have blocked?
I have looked at the Mighty ROM 4.6 for bell, which so far offers what I am looking for. Your suggestions will be greatly appreaciated.
Well allow me to be one of the first to reply - I think that its important to know a couple of things. Choosing a ROM is and individualistic thing. I would suggest trying out a few of them each for a couple of days before move onto another. The other thing that I would point out is that your stock rom is probably going to be the most stable. Let me explain before people go mental here. What i mean is that HTC invest millions of dollars in developing carrier specific roms which need to be highly stable so they basically go with what works. What these custom rom's offer is vastly improved performance (better battery life, smoother operation, radio, cool apps.. the list goes on) but they come at the expense of stability to some degree. Its the downside to being on the bleeding edge of these phones. I have reverted back to the Telus stock rom - and its an absolute nightmare to use but I'm not experiencing the same "quirks" as i got with the custom rom. That being said i am going to go back to the custom ones... I simply cant take it.

Mighty has been real good to me - but to be honest I havent really tried any others, but that being said i really dont hear anything negative about the others. If you look in the credits for each rom you'll notice that they pretty much all share information its a great community. I am about to give Groove a try and see how that goes. be sure to follow the flash to stock and hard resets tho... if you dont it seems that there is residual information that gets left behind and may affect performance.

Good Luck!