View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
mdphoenix
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: Now what? Answers by its self?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Yep...backup everything now (e.g., SPB Backup, etc.) and hard reset. Make sure the problem has gone away before restoring from your backup.

If you really want to get anal about things...just backup your contacts, etc., (PIM backup) and then hard reset. After that, reinstall your third party apps, etc. one at a time checking to make sure that the problem is still happening. Then restore from your PIM backup.

late,
Coz
The PIM backup isn't an issue. We're on Exchange. My issue is going to be all the third party stuff I have installed. Is there something I can install that will make a snapshot of the unit, then I can hard reset and put the snapshot back? Then if the problem comes back, I'll know it's something in my config that's gone awry and can hard reset again and install them one at a time.

Damnit. I have to punch in serial numbers again, reconfig my Today screen, etc... argh!