View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Does anyone know if the PRL version makes any difference in Radio reception on our phones? I've been using the Telus radio for a couple of months now. I recently upgaraded from PRL 60650 to 60651 but didn't change radios. Any opinions? I found that the Telus radio was superior to the Sprint 1.11xxx and I don't notice any real difference now.
It actually makes very little difference unless you are roaming or new towers have recently been activated on your network or in a roaming network around you. The Preferred Roaming List only tells your phone what towers are available to it- if the actual service in the area you are in hasn't changed, there is no change in signal quality.
So, it is possible to see a difference after you update your PRL, but it's only going to happen because your phone becomes "aware" of something that's already there.

This post has been thanked 1 times.