View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Vlip3
PPCGeeks Regular

Vlip3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 13th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.13 [20765]

Noob needs help before taking the plunge for first time!!

I've been reading these forums (and XDA-Developers for about 6-8 weeks). I have decided to flash my Alltel Touch Pro with Might ROM. I want to make sure I have everything correct. Please correct the following wherever I have an error:

I have downloaded and unzipped Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe. I must sync my phone (Activesync on WinXP) and then execute the above mentioned exe.
I have also downloaded and unzipped RUU.Zip and I have also downloaded MighyROM_4.13.rar and decompressed it to another folder.
The instructions in the sticky for flashing my phone says to copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to the same folder as RUU and then run RomUpdateUtility.exe.
This is where I get into questions. I see in the MightyROM rar that there is more than just the RUU_signed.nbh file. What are all those other files for? Do I copy them into the RUU folder as well? There is a Custom_RUU.exe in that folder. Do I use that instead of RomUpdateUtility.exe?
Also is MightyROM_4.13 the latest for CDMA Touch Pro? I saw a 4.6 release somewhere. Is that for Diamond only?
Also please let me know if I am missing anything.
I asked in another thread whether this would affect my phones MDN etc. but no one answered.

Thanks very much in advance. I CANNOT afford to brick my phone so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do anything.

Thanks very much in advance!
Vlip3