View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Adrynalyne
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I present to you....the i910 Patched Dialer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waly01 View Post
This is pretty exciting - I saw some fix for this a while ago that was a reg edit which disabled the lock feature as well but it also disabled some of the other buttons on the phone screen and I didn't want to make that sacrafice - is this one different?

Yeah thats the Modaco dialer mod for the i900. The registry isn't touched, its hex editing of the secdialer.dll to disable the lock mechanism, and then replacing the lock image with a 1x1 white pixel image.

This one does not disable any of the buttons that the Modaco version does. Despite the appearances, the i900 and i910 dialers are not the same. They look, and work mostly the same, but the dll structure is different. Thats why we cannot use the i900 mod, and have to use our own from an i910 dll.

Once again, no apparent side effects and I used myself as a guinea pig before offering this to you fine folks. If you do not like it, or have issues, simply uninstall it from Remove Programs. I am using it, if it eases anyone's nerves.

While this is my work, I used the same method Paul from Modaco outlined when he hacked the i900 version. I just had to modify it a bit for the i910 version.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 03-16-2009 at 11:46 AM.