View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:53 AM
lubo777
Lurker
Threadstarter

lubo777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to lubo777 Send a message via MSN to lubo777 Send a message via Skype™ to lubo777
Re: WM6VoIPFull configure VoIP build in any WM 6.x

I'll post here a simple WM 6.5 VoIP Activation HOWTO with a few screen shots explaining how the WM6VoIPFull.cab configuration software is working and I hope that it may be included in the new custom ROM versions provided in this forum

I hope also this HOWTO will be usefull for all enthusiast from this forum.

I'm using a VoIP services provided from a local (Bulgarian) VoIP provider. They are offering local fixed phone numbers and good International and local rates.
When I'm connected trough WiFi (also is working trough 3G ....) to the Internet and my VoIP is registered I can receive incomming phone calls to my fixed number and send outgoing calls using the G$M network or Internet (VoIP).
All outgoing / incomming calls are made using the standart build in phone dialer and adress book - this is because the VoIP support is build in your WM 6.x based phone by default.
If you like you can activate / deactivate the VoIP temporarily for some outgoing calls and etc.
For example when I'm abroad and there are available WiFi Hotspot I'm using VoIP for all outgoing calls and I don't have to pay the expensive roaming charges ...
You don't need some third party voip software (like fring, skype and etc) to make voip calls at better prices than the prices offered from the G$M providers.

The SIP VoIP build in WM 6.x supports only GSM (13.2 kbps) / g711alaw (64 kbps) / g711-ulaw (64 kbps) codecs

Thanks for this software to the authors: shaun33, Jaap de Wolf and tucahara .... and all enthusiasts from this and other forums

1. WM6VoIPFull.cab instalation add two VoIP config programs + today screen plugin + the GSM VoIP codec

2. Sip Config Tool: here you can add your VoIP service provider alias, SIP server address + port, user name and password

2.1. Using the Tools menu you can acctivate VoIP over 3G / GPRS via a registry update

3. Dial Plan creator - here you can update the dial plan

4. Using the today plugin you very easy can acctivate / deactivate the VoIP service

5. Using the Today plugin you can change the VoIP settings

6. After a wifi or 3G connection the VoIP service will be automatically acctivated

7. After the VoIP registration and activation, when you dial number it will be send automatically trough your VoIP Provider using the standart build in phone dialer and adress book

The Full VoIP support is already added in the new WM 6.5 version 21189 based ROM for Samsung Omnia provided from:
Khuanchai here and sector here

Thank you!!!

Last edited by lubo777; 10-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.