View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Xellios
Lurker

Xellios is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting horrendous battery life. Sometimes less than an hour.

So I have the HTC Touch Pro with an extra battery, and I am getting worse than normal battery life. Bluetooth, Wifi, and beam are all disabled. The phone used to totally die in 3-4 hours under moderate use but now its much worse. After being plugged in all night, the battery indicator will go down to 2 bars in a matter of minutes, then die shortly after with use. Other times Ill unplug it after a full nights charge to discover that the battery is totally drained. This seems to happen with both batteries. I'm thinking it may be a problem with an internal software setting somewhere but I'm not sure. I do not have any 3rd party roms installed, just manila customizer. Anyone know if Pocket Nester or Palringo drain the battery way down even if they are not in use?

I've tried doing a hard reset with the volume down, center, and stylus button but that doesnt seem to work, it just reboots the phone. I guess I'll try they memory wipe next just to see.

This is very frustrating. Anybody have any ideas? A mobile phone is pretty much useless if you have to keep it plugged in all the time.