Snoman002
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Measurement application ideas

Thanks for the replies!

I understand that quality measurement devices use lasers or quality ultrasonic emitters, but then they can also measure with great accuracy over great distances. I was thinking more for small distances, say if I wanted a quick measurement of my front porch before I ran up to Lowes' for some lumber. Or allow the quick ability to take a quick measurement of something small by placing a notebook or something at one end and the phone at the other. And really, I was only thinking of only measuring to large objects, a notebook, a wall, etc.
SonarCE looks like its it, but reading the webpage on it does make it sound quite difficult to use.

I did see the "compare to picture" measuring utility, and I have heard about the CC one (and the CC scam one, lol), I had not heard of the on screen caliper, that sounds interesting.

Anything done for G-Sensor? Seems to me that if you ran your phone over every edge on a stationary box or something similar you could calculate the size of each side, and even the interior volume, if not 3D model the object.