View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
realmadrid
Lurker

realmadrid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Think I found the issue w/ the rapidly draining battery !!

I noticed this a few weeks ago but I had no time to post nor time to investigate... The sad thing is that I cant replicate this but I can say for certain that whoever has this issue would definately lose battery power quickly. Basically one night when I was in a completely dark room I put the PPC in standby. What I noticed was a very faint glow on the screen as if the backlight was STILL on dispite it being in standby. That would surely kill batt power quickly. So I turned it back on then off again into standby , the glow was still there. FYI. ...I had the HTC home page installed I had the backight app as one of the quick apps and I used to keep the backlight at the second dimmest setting (because batt power sucked) and I So I turned it back on again and then turned the backlight up to the second brightest setting., then put it back into standby and then the screen was completely dark !!! . I havent had this problem anymore that I know of (yet Im not in a dark room all the time to find out) ...but I think Im not having this issue anymore.... i think by keeping the backlight on the brighter settings when using instead of low settings makes the screen completely turn off when its supposed to...and my battery power is super now... ie. today in 12 hrs i went from 100% to 80 % . Cant say whats the real fix (should have troubleshooted when it was happening) but maybe you guys can figure it out. !!!! So go in a dark room and look very closely at the screen when in standby to see if you have a leaking backlight.