View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM
No1ustad
VIP Member

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Not quite. Even though you wouldnt have to comply youre definitely on notice and if they come back (a real DMCA takedown in this case) then youre screwed pretty much. You had adequate notice and the officer will go on record explaining that he spoke to you giving you fair warning and identified himself as an off duty cop. Being on or off duty merely means that he cannot arrest u off duty because of due process issues, its perfectly legit to point out the infraction and come back for you when he does get on duty if youre still doing it.

Same here, if this perosn is legit: he identified himself and the infraction, if there is noncompliance then there are penalties. Not everything is so black and white as you put it, cops still issue warnings and you abide by them and respect the warning because they are the law.
I feel like they'd need to Properly identify themselves with some sort of proof... but hey, i guess it's better to be safe than sry..

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D