View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
SprintTouch08
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
well. if some cop shows up at my door w/o a badge and wants me to do exactly what he says, the police dept should understand when i don't comply.
Not quite. Even though you wouldnt have to comply youre definitely on notice and if they come back (a real DMCA takedown in this case) then youre screwed pretty much. You had adequate notice and the officer will go on record explaining that he spoke to you giving you fair warning and identified himself as an off duty cop. Being on or off duty merely means that he cannot arrest u off duty because of due process issues, its perfectly legit to point out the infraction and come back for you when he does get on duty if youre still doing it.

Same here, if this perosn is legit: he identified himself and the infraction, if there is noncompliance then there are penalties. Not everything is so black and white as you put it, cops still issue warnings and you abide by them and respect the warning because they are the law.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 03-13-2009 at 02:42 PM.