View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 AM
gadgetfreak
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
We've been receiving letters regarding WM6.5 as well. They come from "James Young". We have deleted the threads/posts that are in question with the letters.

Only specific posts are linked in the letters, therefore we only deal with those posts.

This does raise the question of who is James Young and is it legit.

I also just got a PM at XDA that says this:

"This message is fake. There is no "james young" in our legal department. The address is also a dead link and not one of ours. Unfortunately, I cannot post directly to the thread due to my remaining anonymous, but I hope you share this with XDA and tell the Chefs to keep pushing the limits of Windows Phones."

The person that sent that has 0 posts at XDA, so I'm not sure how legit they are either, but I'm definitely going to write them back.

This smells like dead fish to me. I wonder if this 'James Young' might be getting checks with a certain type of fruit or robot on them...

Besides, MS has to know that we and the folks over at XDA are their biggest, core users. Why get us hacked off at them? That's an Apple tactic.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!