View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
brokenlink
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Not sure if another GPS app is needed but this one (Telmap) is in beta testing and is announces street names. I just downloaded it but have not yet installed it.

I used AmaZeGPS and liked it but it doesn't call out the street names.

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

Ok. I installed it. Tested it by standing by open door (am in NJ so kinda cold still) and it got a fix relatively quickly. Showed I had 7 satellites. I then tried mapping to one of my contacts (a nice feature) but it stumbled since I didn't have the state and country listed. You can quickly select them. When doing so you get access to Canada and UK and Europe.

It also includes points of interest. I installed it to the device but am thinking I'll uninstall and reinstall to the storage card. Download file is about 1.4 Mb but once it installs I noticed my available memory had dropped about 20Mb.

When you sign up for the beta they send you a registration code. And when you go to the site to sign up the Touch Pro isn't listed, I selected the Diamond. But then once to go to the side with your phone browser the TP is listed as Raphael.

Last edited by brokenlink; 03-13-2009 at 01:21 AM.