View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 AM
alex2
Lurker

alex2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

omg, nowhere to download 21176, what is happening now, let's use russian or chinese hosting, m$ will newer remove from it

some posts earlier I asked about problems of building 6.5 rom for htc universal and the temporary solution was reversmodding some modules to files, so I want to say thanks to HermanSUN, jakdillard and hansk75 for fast response to my problem

and also i found a solution which solves g'reloc "inreger overflow" error without converting modules to files and using old-style 2-slots .vm (because for older devices it seems to be required new nk.exe which will support 4 slots instead of 2). so for all who experience problems with g'reloc it can be some solution which does not have theoretical background but is based just on empirical observations, so guru please don't punish me if i do it wrong, at least it worked for me and maybe will work for somebody else.

So:
1. run g'reloc in normal mode and press "do it"
2. when it says "ingeger overflow" error, don't close it
3. press "do it" again
4. it will show up a message that some file could not opened
5. now remember which module was mentioned and close g'reloc
5. open this module with m'reloc
6. in m'reloc correct e32_vbase to lower value (for me the original value was smth like 73D26000, and i changed it, for example, to 029FD000)
7. press "do it" in m'reloc
8. try g'reloc again, if you see error with other module, repeat steps 2-7

for me after doing so with 5..8 modules everything was ok and i was able to build my rom as usual. remember, this method may be wrong or doesn't work with other devices, but it works ok for me and i just want to share my experience.

p.s. i removed wmreloc from my pc, it did not made even one bootable rom for me, always there were conflicts with xip in memory, g'reloc is the best!

Last edited by alex2; 03-12-2009 at 05:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.