View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
krohnjw
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working WMP Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I paid $1.99 for a skin from that site that claims it will work & it's not detected at all by WMP 10

~John
Yeah, I found the reason, they are all QVGA (240x320) - the resolution and dpi are incorrect in the skn file and hence they will show up as options (you can open the skn in a text editor and see the definition of 240 x 320 x 96. You can edit the skn file to redefine the resolution and image placement, but the images are not appropriately sized, so this is of little use. Setting the skn to the proper resolution though will allow WMP to recognize it, it just won't be of any use (wrong DPI images are the wrong size) so the theme displays blank.

It seems SPB offers some for free download, all I've been able to find so far. http://www.spbclub.com/program_skins...%20Player%2010

The one that I tried does work fine - they are just not necessarily what I am looking for.