View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Cochoz
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Not sure what's happening, but in the past couple of days, I've had some random hard resets. Yes, hard resets.

First one happened when I tapped on the volume icon to bring up the system volume. I tapped on the icon, but nothing happened so I tapped on again. Still nothing. So then I tried doing other things like sliding through the tabs in TF3D. That lagged like crazy so I did a soft reset.

When I did the soft reset, it froze on the part where the HTC logo appears. I did another soft reset and let it sit there for an hour. When I came back, it was sitting there with the HTC logo again.

Took the battery out and let it sit overnight w/o the battery. After 24 hours, I put the battery back in. Pressed the power button and it powered on. When it got to the HTC logo, it froze again.

Finally, I tried another soft reset. I put the end of the stylus into the reset hole, pressed the reset button and left the phone on my desk. I sat there and watched it soft reset. It went through the normal bootup process, then suddenly reset again. This time it did a hard reset.

Ever since that first random hard reset, it has been hard resetting randomly everyday. I haven't tried flashing back yet to the stock ROM.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?
Try doing a hard reset first without your SD card installed. Afterwards if you're lazy and do not want to install your cabs manually then do another hard reset with it on. Make a comparison and if anything is A. a bad cab, or B. a problem with the SD card.

All the discussion about the clock I believe comes from having installed custom ones and not the originals. Mine actually did change but to an hour back instead of sprinting one. I thought it was funny :P. What is the big deal anyways, change it manually and then soft reset. Takes a whole 30 seconds of your lifetime.

Last edited by Cochoz; 03-08-2009 at 04:01 PM.