View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
MindCandy
Lurker

MindCandy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola T505 paired with a Mogul

I know what he's talking about, but i have no idea how to fix it. In fact i came here looking for a solution to the same problem

Here's the deal, the Mogul's default install will not let you edit any of the audio settings and effects other then volume. Zero. Nada. Also, these appear to be OS settings, not simply something in Windows Media player, so even if you download a 3rd party MP3 player, it's still going to use the previously mentioned effects / settings. Yay for user empowerment...

Anyway, There's a little slip of paper that comes with the T505 that states you need to turn off any audio enhancement if your a windows mobile user. Do that, and everything sounds great. If you don't you won't be able to stand the way things sound outside of mid audio frequency, or when the music becomes too layered.

So what's going on is you need to edit a setting that you don't have the option to edit in the normal menus. At least that's the conclusion i've come too. Now if anybody here know of a way to edit the registry or something so we can get around this little issue, i'd REALLY appreciate knowing how to do that and which settings i have to switch to 0. The paper mentions something about 'simulated surround' or some such nonsense, I can't remember exactly.

Also, this is what i THINK the problem is. You guys mentioned A2DP before, and i'm pretty sure that's standard equipment with Windows Mobile 6 Maybe i need to edit the setting for that? If that's the case, we're talking about a reg edit for sure and that's, like i said, WAY out of my league.

Last edited by MindCandy; 03-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.