View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 PM
storyr
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano
My copy installed via Kitchen OEM is working fine at the moment, so I want to understand at what point it will break. Can you provide any further info on when this is needed (i.e. when does Weatherpanel try to authenticate to the server).
Prior to updating it's weather data, WeatherPanel sends out an HTTP request to auth.marsware.net. If the request fails, it won't update. If the request works, WP then sends requests to weather.com to download the data for each city you've configured.

Apparently auth.marsware.net has stopped working. I hadn't noticed becuase I've been useing WP-Auth for over nine months now.

The symptom is the weather data won't update. If yours is still working, then all these other people must be crazy Consider yourself lucky...