View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
chas123
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Speaking of the manila from the tp2 (quoted from DHarvey over at xda):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651
Okay small update. There will be no cab installer. I repeat, there will be NO cab installer.

Instead xboxmod has thrown together a new method of installation. It is an activesync installer.

Basically, you install a registry cab then you must be connected to ActiveSync and then run the install manila.bat and it installs automatically.

Both xboxmod and I have tested and it works very well.

Also, the notification menu has now been fixed. Say you get an SMS and click on the notification menu and then click SMS, it will now take you to Messages Tab. This is the same for e-mail, call history, etc...

I feel I need to update you all on this one...

I have tested the installer and it works very well, for me. One MAJOR thing is that certificate checking MUST be removed from the ROM you are using on the XIP level. This is something we've found out through testing. If the ROM does not have certificate checking removed then you will throw a VB error when manila tries to start and if you try to start manila manually from the windows folder, you will get a certificate error.

I get none of these. Then again, the ROM I'm using has certificate checking completely removed.

Does 4.11 or 4.12 have certificate checking in the xip?