View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **The Touch Pro Video Playback Bible**

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaakezula View Post
ok so after reading most of the post here..what i've found to work best on MY touch pro is using CORE PLAYER and using total video converter (which can be d/loaded for free here)http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/M..._Download.html

and i convert my video files into h264 avi format and i have NEVER had a frame drop yet..that i've noticed and it compresses 300 mb tv showws down to 60-70 mb with out losing quality..ALSO mvk formatted movies will work also as for they too are compressed movie files
I'm sorry, but H.264 at 60-70mb will NOT yield video quality worth watching in my opinion. I aware that this will work in coreplayer, but that's because of the lower-quality bitrate requiring less resources to play- therefore, even the non-accelerated apps have no problem playing them.

I will admit something tho- I do enjoy coreplayer more than WMP and Album, especially since I can resume playback where I left off if I close the app. Also, you can play DivX natively... Although the best acceleration and highest bitrate-to-framerate ratio can be achieved with H.264 on Album/WMP, I still find myself preferring Divx on Coreplayer.
My original post is mostly just an explanation of how/why all this works, so that people can better understand their devices. A full-on coreplayer QTV support in the future would put this whole discussion to rest...