View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
psiphi
Halfway to VIP Status

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rename Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpal
Why not set up different ringtones for your most frequent callers? Then, assuming they do not call you in some prescribed sequence, voila you have a ringtone randomizer.
lol! I kinda wish I had a ringtone randomizer tho... kinda like what they have set up for "ring back" or whatever its called when you have a ringtone playing for your incoming callers to hear... but lately i've been avoiding ring tones... because my phone tends to lag a lil when receiving a call when i do... the smaller the ringtone size ( the worse the ringtone sounds) the better the phone behaves when receiving a call....
Hmmm... I would have a generic file called todaysring.wav that I would set my ringer to... Then I would have a source directory for ringtone wav files, that would periodically pick one at random and overwrite the todaysring.wav... The question is do you want to have it change on a schedule (hourly?) or just whenever you do a soft boot (I do a backup nightly which soft boots when done)... It should not be hard to do either using something like VB.NET, (but I see no reason not to use MortScript.)