View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM
kiwi38
PPCGeeks Regular

kiwi38 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Thanks for the feedback:

WM Calculator: Mine always runs, just has boring skin, not very functional, but I don't use calc much anyway. But I do think this is an issue I saw posted somewhere. Did your NCF install fix the skin issue or you had a real issue with cal crashing?

Task Manager: If you choose the HTC TM, it should work, again mine always has.

VZNAv: Won't work once Bore's GPS fix is applied, Scott has cab in My Docs\SSK folder to toggle, but it's still a subscrib. based service and won't work unless U hand over $10/m to VZN.

Managed Programs: This feature is only useful for centralized software distribution/provisioning off a Windows Domain I believe. It won't have anything of interest to end user anyway, as it just tells you what apps U don't have control over anyways

How RU finding the responsiveness overall compared to other builds U've tried, if any?

DA
very responsive so far--i cooked the 21015 build before this and my subjective assessment is that it's equally responsive, if not more (1.5-2 seconds to windows directory, no complains here!). thanks again for a great build!

no crashes yet. sometimes the wait cursor appears to get stuck in its own infinite loop but i can exit out of the screen fine--so i can live with this.

one thing i've been trying to figure out is the connection with a bluetooth gps. i have this trusted bluetooth gps that i've been using over the years. i don't seem to be able to connect to it... i can add the guy fine and set the com port and everything, but it's always listed under "disconnect" not "connect" and every time i force a connection it says "cannot connect or pass code error." also, in the external gps setting the baud rate seems to be stuck at 4800--every time i change it, it defaults back to 4800...

any thoughts on this? i have yet to test bored's fix outdoors--i've already applied it though.