View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
jshaas2
VIP Member

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickgsx View Post
I dont get why so many are complaining to remove the gps tracker, dont like it, dont use it. Its not like it has a huge footprint and slows the phone down, or that it will stare them in the face in the programs menu. I like the idea someone brought up of having at least the sms settings burned into the phone. I also set mine up with a different email than the one I have sent to my phone as I keep an email for business/personal use and another one for forums/spamish/mailing list stuff. I know when I'm driving my toy car around I can leave my phone in there and be twice as protected between that and my lowjack. I know I'd want to find my car before the cops... Big props on including this software mike.
well said and would agree. If it does always run in the background, than why it might not be huge, there is some part of the program that requires processes and memory, thereby affecting the battery as well. Since it's a cab install, people can do with it what they want.

I prefer MS's Mobile Live Search to Google Maps, but i never say anything because it's an install. We use MSN Messengerin my office, but again some don't.

It boils down to personal preference. If mike thinks it's not hurting his ROM and it's useful to him, than i'm sure it will stay in there. No biggie, i'm just glad 4.11 is working well.

Radio: 2.35.00WF