View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
BPFerrari1
PPCGeeks Regular

BPFerrari1 is keeping up the good workBPFerrari1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will the touch pro sync with mac?

It really depends on what you are looking to synch here. I have both Missing Sync and SyncMate installed on my Macbook Pro. I feel that SyncMate is better and just a lot more simple in it's usage. However, I bypa$$ the computer all together.

By the way, I do have both XP and Vista running through Parallels/Fusion if I ever need it which is another option for you.

I just let go of the computer and use Dashwire for my Contacts and it's great so I can edit it online and such. Dashwire also supports backup/synch of messages, call logs, pictures/video - so you may want to take a look into that. And it's FREE.

I use OggSync to sync my calendar with my Google cal and it works with 2-Way Sync, which is great. And my Google Cal is synched with iCal so basically I have a 3-way synch set up here which works really well. You want to do a quick Google Search and find the cracked version floating around.

For email, it's not really synching, but thought I would add it in here, I use SEVEN, which is a push email service, also free and works very well.

For Media, I just use Disk Mode to transfer/add/delete my picture/movies/music and just find that to be the easiest.

And Def. buy the Mac, worth the money over any PC, if you need anything to run on Windows, look into Virtualization to do the job.

EDIT: Intayke's comment on flashing: He's right, your best option is to use Boot Camp and install Vista/XP onto another partition and use it, it doesn't work through virtualization as there is a problem when the phone tries to reconnect to computer after it reboots in boot loader mode. Unless, I'm wrong - would like to know if anyone knows how to make it work.

Last edited by BPFerrari1; 02-27-2009 at 11:19 AM.