View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Mike,

If the smartphone tracker is kept in the next release, would you set it to background mode? The way it defaults is to popup a window when you send a text asking for the GPS position. If someone steals your phone, you don't want to tip them off.

It stores the setting in the settings.config and its just the simple line listed below. You can also do this from the configuration gui.

<Hide>true</Hide>

If given the choice, I would rather have nuegps because it runs as a service rather than a process. Plus it doesn't rely on .net. You can make an OEM easily using his instructions here - LINK

Regardless of which you choose, I greatly appreciate you adding a tracking option in. I will continue to use your ROM regardless of which tracker you go with.