View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 AM
arparent
Regular 'Geeker

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: music stops playing when screen turns off

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Most of the media players (including the WMP) should have a mode where they don't let the device sleep while playing, and they can turn off the display (vs hitting the power button.)
...getting back to the subject at hand. The stock Windows Media player has the ability to turn off the screen when assigned to a hardware key, it is just not activated by default. Go into options in WMP and assign a hardware key (I use the center of the d-pad) to the screen. Your hardware keys will still work for volume and track control (up, down, left, right) but the touchscreen and backlight will be off. Pressing the assigned hardware key or the power key will turn it back on. I use WMP with bluetooth headphones. I turn the screen off so I can put the phone in my pocket without worrying about the battery draining too fast or the touchscreen getting messing up anything.