View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:01 AM
saflang
PPCGeeks Regular

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

I know on my phone I used to get terrible battery life because of checking 3 accounts for mail every 10 minutes, I could only assume every 5 minutes would be twice as worse.

I've now swithed to Seven who pushes my IMAP and POP email to my phone, and now my battery life is amazing. Now even with a couple of short phone calls and checking my email when it comes in (most of the time) I only loose 1 to 2 bars out of the 10 on the main battery screen even after 12-13 hours of use! I running Mighty's 4.4.5.

I wish my company was running exchange server so I wouldn't have to use Seven, but Seven is free and I haven't so far run into any issues with them other than the biggest email that can be pushed is 50Kb, but once you open up the email you can download the rest.

As a test, try for one day not having your phone poll for emails and see what sort of battery life you have left.

Also my battery currents are close to yours, about 296-301mA when transfering data and the screen on, 75ma at rest with the screen on, and 57ma with the screen dim, and 13ma with the screen off. As you could imagine the high draw at 300ma for about 20 sec's every 5 minutes is quite a bit compaired to just 13ma. Simple math would tell you that the average current would be 32mA, almost triple !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absdad63 View Post
No. The only thing I run in the background is Second Today and SPB Phone Suite. I have Funambol synchronizing everything except email every 4 hours and check my POP3 email every 5 minutes.

Battery meter varies between 75mA and97mA when the screen is on, 57mA when the screen dims, and 14mA with the screen off (that's the reading as soon as I turn it on, before it updates). Usage jumps up to a little over 400mA when the phone checks for email.

These numbers don't seem high to me, but my phone has been petering out after 12-14 hours when I used to be able to get 17-18 under normal use.

I'm on Mighty 4.5 with LilRico Midnight Blue theme and slider. Sprint service with the 1.03.15 radio (the 1.11.00F seemed to have a weaker signal for me). I normally only get about 2 bars on my phone at home.