View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM
trimleyman
N00b

trimleyman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

http://magister.ipsys.net/projects/android-for-titan was the page from which I downloaded. Have since put some more time into this whilst on the road. Have had some success with downloading apps although only some will actually function and have had to download to pc/laptop then move file to sd card as saving via phone does not seem to work. all in all have much more use out of this now. although I did believe I had the wifi functioning earlier this does not now seem to be the case. It does however now work very well on 3g (faster than wm 6.1). Now regarding the Vogue android from massey nz , messed with that the other day and did manage to get it to boot, result however was not much use. when keyboard was slid out screen fliped upside down (never was good at typing standing on my head) and when screen shutdown the whole deal locked up requiring soft reboot. Might when I get some time play with it some more and see if I can iron out some more bugs. good luck to all and both projects are I must say quite promissing.
ps . HTC informs me that they have no intention of supporting in any way any OS not originally installed on the products other than 'official upgrades'. so those of us on non gsm systems such as verizon will not be likely to be able to buy a G1or such like android phone in the near future. so we have to rely on the clever folks here and elsewere to hackit out for us . I for one have nothing but admiration for the abilities and persistance!