View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Big D5
The Voice of Reason

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
First Sorry Coz, i know im fresh off of a suspension but its really a valid question...

warez /weirz/ A term used by software pirates use to describe a cracked game or application that is made available to the Internet, usually via FTP.

how is supplying a cab or reg edit for ICS not the same thing... people are blatantly saying "i dont wanna pay for it, how can i get this for free"

setting a reg edit up to change from PAM to SPRINT is no different than offering a crack for a program..

ill openly admit to using wmwifi, and not paying sprint.. what can i say, ive broken most laws, so i dont really care.. im not here to argue our moral stands on the issues.. im just saying, theres no differnce..

ARE WE NOT PROVIDING A WORK AROUND SOLUTION TO A SERVICE WE ALL ARE SUPPOSE TO BE PAYING FOR?????? how is this any differnt than a "crack" for something?

i think maybe im just tired of reading 10 new posts a day abotu tethering.. i think if we have it, we have, so that cant really change.. however i think it needs to be a banned topic now(since were not about to start posting pics of biling statements to prove we pay for it).. mostly because again, whats the difference between supposed warez and tethering.. and again, i hate seeing all the neewbie posts over it...

i honestly think everything about tethering should be removed... or if were gonna keep allowing tons of posts over and over about it, atleast make tethering its own forum and keep everything in 1 place..
Well let me try to explain it to you when you purchase a program I will use SPB Mobile shell for an example you sign an agreement no to distribute the software. By checking the box you are assuming legal liability that if you distribute the software you can be held to the letter of the agreement. When one of the bright minds in this forum makes a reg edit that allows you to tether your device and cabs it up for distribution there is no written agreement attached to that software so we are within our rights to distribute it. Now if you choose to use it you are breaking your agreement with your carrier but that has nothing to do with PPCGeeks and this website. If there is something wrong with anything posted on this web site we are notified and forced to remove it so why hasn't PPCGeeks been notified by Sprint to remove the tethering cabs?

IMHO you started this thread because you were "fresh off of a suspension" and now you are seeking some sort of twisted vindication for your situation. Your snappy thread that started such a great debate wont change the way thing are because PPCGeeks has every right to host the tethering cab files, bottom line it is the user that is in violation of the rules by using it.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.